Mold coolant quick release couplings – general information
Quick release couplings for injection moulds connect cooling or heating lines of the moulds with hoses feeding cooling water or a heating agent. During injection process, molten plastic is injected into the mould which must have the appropriate temperature in each part, and then it must be cooled to take the product out. This process is called thermostating. The quick release coupling for thermostating must feature high flow rates, small outer dimensions (because the channels are deeply set and densely arranged in the mould ), resistance to hot water, glycol, hot oil.
The typical injection moulding quick release couplings are made of brass and have a Viton seal to ensure resistance to high temperature (up to 200°C) and to chemicals. Working pressure up to over ten bar.
The injection moulding quick release couplings come from many different manufacturers in numerous sizes and types with a specific plug profile, however they tend to be interchangeable i.e. having the same plug profile, they interconnect.
Tubes International offers the high quality quick release couplings for injection moulding of a Danish brand – DYROS, in the following series:
- 6 SERIES: DN6, European profile 1/4″, plug outer diameter 9 mm;
- 90 SERIES: DN9, European profile 3/8″, plug outer diameter 13,5 mm;
- 30 SERIES: DN6, American profile 1/4″, plug outer diameter 9,5 mm;
- 40 SERIES: DN9, American profile 3/8″, plug outer diameter 13,5 mm;
- 80 SERIES: DN13, European profile 1/2″, plug outer diameter 20 mm;
DYROS quick release couplings are available as a single shut-off version (a valve in the socket), double shut-off version (a valve in the socket and a valve in the plug), a free flow version (no valve in the socket – OV version). Working pressure 15 bar, working temperature up to 200°C (with peaks to 230°C).
The following versions of DYROS quick release couplings are also available:
- with anticorrosive tin coating STANNIZATION (H version);
- with a SAFETY CONNECTOR (S version) to prevent accidental disconnection;
- with a coloured socket sleeve and a coloured plastic ring on the plug (red – R and blue – B);
- with PUSH-ON fittings.
EATON J70000 free flow quick release couplings with a French profile (DN8 and DN12) complement the range.
The quick release couplings for injection moulding have really small dimensions and Viton seal highly resistant to chemicals, so apart from they intended application in plastics processing, they can be used for compressed air, gases (methane, propane, acetylene etc.), mineral oil, grease, fuels etc.