Quick Release Water Couplings
Low pressure quick release couplings (usually to over ten bar, several tens of bar) made of brass, chromium-plated brass and stainless steel intended for cold and hot water, detergents, chemicals (stainless steel). The quick release couplings connect hoses, water spray guns and other accessories – for spraying, cleaning and washing. Suitable for all industrial applications, food industry, chemical, pharmaceutical industry. The socket with the valve should be placed at the installation feed side.
The coupling basically consists of a socket and a plug. The plug is of a specific shape (profile), it is locked in the socked body by a ball locking mechanism, sealed with soft rubber seals. To disconnect the plug from the socket, the spring-loaded socket sleeve is pushed back, the balls move outward to release the plug.
The versions of the quick release couplings for water:
- free flow version;
- single shut-off (with a shut-off valve in the socket, the valve opens when the plug is pushed into the socket; the socket with the valve must be mounted at the feed end/upstream).
For more quick release couplings for water see also: Low pressure quick release couplings, Quick release couplings for food industry, Quick release couplings for injection moulding, and also HYDRAULICS AND HIGH PRESSURE section.
Water quick release couplings – brass
Designed for cold and hot water and water with cleaning agent, low pressure (up to 25 bar) brass or chromium-plated brass quick release couplings. For quick, easy and safe connection of hoses and equipment (e.g. nozzles, water spray guns).
Typical applications include:
- horticulture and home garden watering;
- various maintenance works in private households, hotels, sports facilities, swimming pools, garages etc.;
- cleaning of industrial machines and equipment with detergent solution;
- washing and cleaning in the food industry, kitchens, catering companies, bakeries, etc.;
- connecting running water, heating water, cooling water systems in industry and vehicles;
- depending on the type of coupling and sealing also for drinking water.
Brass quick release couplings are available as a free flow version and single shut-off version (a valve in the socket). The application of brass or chrome-plated brass is an optimum solution for the quick release couplings used for water or water/detergent solutions: combines high resistance and excellent mechanical properties of noble material – brass, its aesthetic qualities and hygienic properties suitable for many applications, with reasonable price of the material and its processing when compared to stainless steel.
Tubes International offers brass and brass-plated quick release couplings of the highest quality, manufactured in Denmark and Germany:
- NiTO standard brass or chromium-plated brass quick release couplings;
- NiTO SAFETY COUPLING quick release couplings – for hot water secured against unintended disconnection;
- NITO CLICK quick release couplings – compatible with plastic quick release couplings (with an outer o-ring on the plug);
- ABA BEUL quick release couplings.
Water quick release couplings – stainless steel
Entirely stainless steel quick release couplings intended for cold and hot water, water solutions, chemicals. For quick, easy and safe connection of hoses and equipment (e.g. nozzles, water spray guns).
Typical applications include:
- water and other fluid systems in the food, chemical, pharmaceutical industry;
- cleaning and washing in the food, chemical industry;
- quick release couplings in AISI316L acid resistant steel with a proper seal: for highly corrosive media in all industry sectors, laboratories;
Stainless steel quick release couplings are available as a free flow version and single shut-off version (a valve in the socket). Stainless steel diversifies and expands the applicability of quick release couplings, ensuring the highest degree of corrosion resistance and required hygiene to compensate for the high price.
Tubes International stocks the following stainless steel couplings:
- NiTO SS quick release couplings in AISI316L acid resistant steel (working pressure up to 25 bar);
- AKBO stainless steel quick release couplings, free flow, low and high pressure.