Peristaltic tubing is fitted in a peristaltic pump – there the rotor with a number of rollers or shoes compresses the tubing and forces liquid or semi-liquid substances to move. Peristaltic pump tubing is made of extremely flexible rubber (natural rubber, NBR, CSM, EPDM, silicone and other), resistant to compression, friction and with an adequate level of chemical resistance. They may be textile-reinforced.
Peristaltic tubing application (examples):
- food industry (milk, yoghurt, ice-cream, fruit juices, beverages, syrups, jams, chocolate, eggs, sauces, oils and fats);
- cosmetic industry (soap, toothpaste, shampoo, conditioners, hair dye);
- chemical industry (acids and bases in suspension, caustic soda, latex, resin, adhesives, detergents, solvents, pigments, bleachers);
- construction industry (sludge, slurry, paints, dyes, varnishes, distilled water, limewater, cement mortar, bentonite, sewage);
To match the right tubing (spare tubing) to the peristaltic pump, please contact Tubes International and except for the medium and working conditions, give the following:
- what is the outer surface of the tubing currently in use: rough or very smooth;
- inner and outer hose diameter;
- overall hose length;
- are the hose ends flared, what is their inner, outer diameter and length.
Tubing for peristaltic pumps is also in the group: TYGON® tubing.