TYGON® Hoses and Tubings
Tygon® tubing is a registered trademark of thermoplastic (plastic material) tubing manufactured by Saint-Gobain Performance Plastic’s. The tubing may be made of different plastic compounds composed of the following materials: silicone, PCV, polyurethane, fluoropolymers, thermoplastic elastomers and other materials.
Because of physicochemical properties and excellent quality of these materials, it was possible to obtain tubing that features numerous unique physicochemical properties such as: transparency, flexibility, crush resistance, resilience, chemical resistance, smoothness of inner surface and an adequate gas permeability level. It is also non-hemolytic, non-toxic and biocompatible.
A variety of sophisticated compound formulas used in the tubing production process allows for really extensive use of Tygon® tubing in countless applications in: food industry, pharmaceutical, medical, chemical and petrochemical industry, biotechnology, in laboratories and for application in peristaltic pumps.
The very name Tygon® tubing is in common use in science and industry-related environments as a synonym of the highest quality and accuracy.
Peristaltic tubing is fitted in a peristaltic pump – there the rotor with a number of rollers or shoes compresses the tubing and forces liquid or semi-liquid substances to move. Peristaltic pump tubing is made of extremely flexible rubber (natural rubber, NBR, CSM, EPDM, silicone and other), resistant to compression, friction and with an adequate level of chemical resistance. They may be textile-reinforced.
Peristaltic tubing application (examples):
- food industry (milk, yoghurt, ice-cream, fruit juices, beverages, syrups, jams, chocolate, eggs, sauces, oils and fats);
- cosmetic industry (soap, toothpaste, shampoo, conditioners, hair dye);
- chemical industry (acids and bases in suspension, caustic soda, latex, resin, adhesives, detergents, solvents, pigments, bleachers);
- construction industry (sludge, slurry, paints, dyes, varnishes, distilled water, limewater, cement mortar, bentonite, sewage);
To match the right tubing (spare tubing) to the peristaltic pump, please contact Tubes International and except for the medium and working conditions, give the following:
- what is the outer surface of the tubing currently in use: rough or very smooth;
- inner and outer hose diameter;
- overall hose length;
- are the hose ends flared, what is their inner, outer diameter and length.
- General-purpose tubing:
- Tygon® S3™E-3603: general-purpose tubing for laboratory applications and peristaltic pumps. Phthalate-free and BPA-free (Bisphenol A-free).
- Tygon® B-44-4X I.B.: general-purpose, flexible, polyester braid-reinforced, non-toxic, taste-free and odour-free tubing.
- Industrial tubing for peristaltic pumps:
- Tygon® A-60-G: general-purpose, black, flexible tubing resistant to abrasion, ageing, ozone and heat radiation.
- Tygon® Chemical: cream-coloured, chemical tubing with inner layer unaffected by acids, bases, salts, ketones, alcohols and other.
- Tygon® E-1000: soft and flexible tubing highly resistant to aggressive chemicals. Ideal for low torque peristaltic pumps and for viscous substances.
- Versilon™ F-5500-A: black, flexible, fluoropolymer tubing. Recommended for light-sensitive substances and aggressive media.
- Tygon® A-60-F: general-purpose, cream-coloured, taste-free and odour-free, exceptionally flexible tubing resistant to deformation.
- Węże do kontaktu z żywnością do pomp perystaltycznych; spełniające wymogi FDA oraz Rozporządzenia Unii Europejskiej EC 1935/2004 i 10/2011/EU:
- Tygon® XL-60: transparent, phthalate-free, very flexible tubing highly resistant to ozone, oxygen and ageing. Resistant to most acids and bases.
- Tygon® S3™E-LFL: crystal-clear tubing used in the food, pharmaceutical, chemical industry and cosmetics. Resistant to abrasion, ageing and chemicals, non-toxic.
- Food grade tubing, material handling; meets the requirements of FDA and European Regulations EC 1935/2004 and 10/2011/EU:
- Tygon® S3™B-44-3: general-purpose, crystal clear, lightweight and flexible, phthalate-free tubing.
- Tygon® 2375-C: transparent, flexible tubing resistant to acids, bases, salts, ketones and alcohols.
- Tubing for dairy industry:
- Tygon® S3™M-34-R: crystal-clear tubing with perfectly smooth inner surface; meets the requirements of FDA and European Regulations EC 1935/2004 and 10/2011/EU.
- Tygon® S3™ A24-C: tubing for air transport in milking equipment, maintains full vacuum: designed to work together with Tygon® S3TM M-34-R tubing in milking process.
- Industrial tubing:
- Versilon™ C-210-A: general-purpose, transparent, polyurethane tubing; abrasion-resistant.
- Versilon™ C-544-A I.B.: general-purpose, polyurethane, pressure tubing reinforced with polyester braid; abrasion-resistant.
- Tygon® A-60-F I.B.: general-purpose, beige, pressure, food grade tubing reinforced with polyester braid.
- Chemical processing and fuel transfer tubing:
- Tygon® F-4040-A: translucent, yellow tubing for petroleum products with bio-ethanol content max.10%. Resistant to ageing, ozone and UV radiation.
- Tygon® R-3400: flexible, black tubing resistant to chemicals, ozone and weather conditions. Particularly recommended for the transfer of light-sensitive media.
- Tygon® LP-1200: flexible tubing for petroleum products with bio-ethanol content up to 100%. Low permeation level of aromatic hydrocarbons.
- Fluoropolymer tubing:
- Versilon™SE-200: transparent tubing with internal FE fluoropolymer layer. Resistant to very aggressive chemical products, solvents, methyl ethyl ketone (MEK), etc.