Instrumentation ball valves – general information
Instrumentation ball valves (instrumentation) have the following features:
- construction tested for performance at burst pressure and at test pressure, stem is blow-out proof;
- all parts are manufactured from certified materials and precisely finished;
- meet the requirements of ISO 15848-1: 2006 (E);
- every valve is tested with nitrogen at 80 psi (5,5 bar) and 1000 psi (70 bar) for body leakage, seals and ball seat leakage;
max. allowable leakage through the ball seat is 0,1 Ncm3/min;
- leak-tight in a closed position, longest service life and low operating torque;
- made of corrosion-resistant materials;
- come with an array of end connections, including double ferrule connectors (LET-LOK®);
- many options of sealing materials allow choosing the one compatible with the medium, pressure and temperature.
Due to their indisputable reliability, they are used with control and measuring instruments.